Friday, January 9, 2009

Rain Theory

For a long time I have had a theory that all songs that are about rain are good songs. I talked about this idea with my buddy Shawn last night, and it only strengthend my belief that this is true. Think about it, Rainy Day from the Plain White T's, Rain King by the Counting Crows, Rain Falls Down from Ryan Shupe, Covered in Rain by John Mayer. The list goes on, Fire and Rain, a James Taylor classic, Bruce Hornsby and Mandolin Rain. It is even true from bands and genres of music that aren't usually your favorites, for example I am not usually a country music fan but Rain by Clint Black, and the Thurder rolls song by Garth Brooks.
Tell me what you think =)

2 comments:

Jake Spurlock said...

A few of my favs...
Raining again - Moby
Rainy Monday - Shiny Toy Guns
Purple Rain - Prince

FU said...

How about the classic from the Wizard of Oz, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" Not really about rain but close enough. FU