Sunday, October 18, 2009

Little Cottonwood, not so little

Saturday Heather's sister Alicia and her husband Jason asked me if I wanted to ride up Little Cottonwood Canyon with them. I wasn't sure if I could do it, but I thought I would at least give it a try. Alicia realized she left her cycling shoes at home so as she drove back to American Fork to get them Jason and I took off up the canyon. It was harder than I thought it would be. I had to stop a lot and catch my breath and then I would keep going. Jason made it up to the Snowbird and then turned around and came down and met me at the White Pine area and then rode up with me. We went all the way up to Alta, (it was further away from Snowbird than I thought). It took me two hours from bottom to top. By then Alicia had made it back to the canyon and was on her ride up.

No comments: